Hospitalist Physician Staffing & Scheduling Position
IN Compass Health
- Generate schedules to guarantee physicians are assigned his/her minimum commitment of shifts per contract.
- Obtain availability from 1099 providers to supplement staffing needs of each program.
- Complete, confirm and communicate all schedule shifts with physicians and mid-level providers.
- Manage and negotiate additional pay upon, and only with approval from VP of Physician Services and/or Director of Operations.
- Confirm and distribute monthly schedules to physicians 6-12 months in advance.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with contracted physicians and mid-level providers.
- Communicate vital information obtained from physician contact to all team members including (operations, credentialing, recruiting and human resources)
- When appropriate and approved in advance by the VP of Physician Services and/or Director of Operations identify qualified candidates through third party locum agencies.
- Assist patient care liaisons and/or program coordinators to schedule provider orientation at each program.
- Participate in after-hours calls for scheduling emergencies.
- Track and report any additional exception pay per payroll period and report forward to VP of Physician Services one day prior to payroll deadline.
- Address physicians payroll concerns.
- Source 1099 physicians by making outbound phone calls of 30 per day.
- Document all calls and communication in ACT database.
- Maintain comprehensive and current knowledge regarding physician related information in ACT database.
- Conduct initial screening of all potential candidates.
- Acquire information necessary for required background and reference checks for candidates prior to contract being extended.
- Insure shift rates for 1099 providers are within budgetary guidelines and are approved by management in advance if over budget.
- Respond with follow up calls on any leads produced from the Lead Generators or from other recruiters within 2 days.
- Communicate and create ECRF on all contractual requests for potential candidates.
- Ensure all 1099 provider contracts and COI are obtained and executed prior to physician working on schedule.
- Assist in all recruiting efforts or implementation or urgent needs as assigned.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the staffing department.
Located in north Metro-Atlanta, the city of Alpharetta is upscale living with the conveniences of Atlanta. The area offers many high-end developments with both shopping and fine cuisine. The community of Alpharetta offers an abundance of swim and tennis neighborhoods making it an ideal for raising a family in a safely and securely. The school system of Alpharetta reflects the residents that live in the area, established and accomplished. As one of the most coveted communities in Metro-Atlanta, Alpharetta has an excellent future for your family.
IN Compass Health, Inc. develops and manages hospitalist programs for institutions and physician communities around the country. As one of the premier hospitalist providers in the nation, since our founding in 2001 we have delivered more than 50 programs in 14 states serving over 1,000 patients each day. Our executive leaders have been practicing hospitalists for more than 20 years and know the challenges physicians face today.